Au Pair In America
- Are you open minded, motivated and ready for an adventure?
- Are you looking for a rewarding cultural experience abroad?
- Do you love caring for children and have childcare experience?
- Do you want to live with a welcoming American host family?
- Do you want to make new friends from all around the world?
- Are you ready for an unforgettable and amazing American adventure?
- 45 Hours of childcare per week
- Flights to and from New York plus onward travel to your host family
- 4 day Orientation program near New York
- 13 month J-1 Visitor Exchange Visa with the option to extend for up to a further 12 months
- Weekly pocket money –
***The minimum weekly stipend is calculated by the U.S. Department of State after accounting for costs associated with weekly room and board. Host families and au pairs are free to agree to compensation higher than the legally applicable minimum.
- Your own room and all meals provided with your host family
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Travel month
- Medical and liability insurance
- 3 hours per week during term time at a local college or university or online courses with UCLA
- A study allowance
- A Program Fee – ask your local agent for details
You Can apply if you:
- Are aged between 18- 26 years
- have a full driving license
- enjoy caring for children
- have at least 200 hours non-family practical childcare experience gained within the last 3 years
- are a secondary school graduate or equivalent
- speak English to a good standard
- have no criminal record
- want to spend 12 months living with an american family
If you have already been an Au Pair in America, why not apply again? See our website for details about our Return Program.